Thursday 27 October 2011

Peter Spindlove - Boy to Man

There I was, in the headmasters office, wondering what I had done this time. In walked John L Cain; a frightening surname, “sit down boy”. “thank you sir” was my nervous reply. He then went into a long preamble about why he could not understand why I was leaving school before taking my ‘A’ levels for university entry. “You do understand that this grammar school is a feeder school for Oxford University, don’t you boy?” I replied “yes sir, but....” “Don’t but me boy, this is your future I am talking about.” I did manage to get my ‘but’ in and explained that my father would not support me any further. That was when the one directional conversation basically ended and he dismissed with “I am very disappointed”.
So, 15 years of age, going nowhere............

No comments:

Post a Comment